By: Abusuapanin Kwabena Ofori
The headmaster of St. Anglican Primary school at Akim Oda Old town in the Eastern region, Mr. Amos Aboagyie, 36, has been electrocuted during school hours leading to his unfortunate death in the early hours of Wednesday Morning.
The unfortunate incidence occurred around 8am in the school premises whiles school was in session.
The late headmaster was trying to help two male pupils of the school to use a metal rod to draw water from the school’s well when the long rod got hooked at the high voltage electricity wires over the well electrocuting all three in the process.
The two pupils however survived the electric shock and are currently at the Akim Oda government hospital where they are responding to medical treatment.
Mr. Amos Aboagyie was posted to the St. Andrews Anglican primary school last year. He left behind a pregnant wife and two children.
The Ghana Education Service has called for temporal closure of the school and the Akim Oda police service is currently investigating the issue.
Meanwhile, pressure is mounting on the Municipal Environmental Protection Agency in the Birim Central Municipal Assembly to demolition the school’s well.
According to some residents who live around the school, the siting of the well which is directly under the high tension pole should have called for the demolition of the well long ago.
According to the residents, the electricity high voltage power cables which hovers around the well possess a lot of threat to the lives of the staff and students of the school.
Some of the pupils who spoke to the Evening Mail talked about the selfless nature of their headmaster and said he will be missed dearly. They are also calling on the Ghana Education Service, the Anglican church Education Unit and the Municipal Environmental Protection agency to destroy the well with immediate effect.
Source: The Evening Mail