Family threatens to ‘donate’ corpse to Police

0

The family of the 23-year-old boy, Thomas Narteh Partey who was shot by the Police at Odumase Krobo in the Eastern Region during a protest against the PDS last month are threatening to dump the corpse at the Police Station.

 

The Bereaved family who are angry over the refusal of the Ghana Police Service to release a report on the incident have given the ultimatum ahead of the funeral.

 

In a statement issued and signed by the family, they said “…if by midday of Friday 12th July 2019 the Police Service refuses to update the family or release the report which has been paid for, they may be compelled to take drastic decisions to draw public and national attention to its plight.

READ MORE:  Work begins on Koforidua-Asesewa road

 

According to the family, though it has officially written two letters (dated 10th and 24th June 2019) to the District Commander of the Police Service at Odumase-Krobo and subsequently to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) in Accra requesting an update on Police investigations into the incident the Police Service has treated their requests with scorn, creating the impression that the family was being taken for granted.

 

The head of the family, Mr Winfred Sam Partey explained that: “…we wrote to officially request for the Police report and were made to pay GHC 80 for the processing of the said report one month ago but we have not been communicated to and all efforts to follow up have yielded no result…”.

READ MORE:  Breaking: Gov’t suspends concession agreement with PDS

 

“Our son was harmless and yet he was brutally murdered; we remained calm and have chosen to cooperate with the police service but our peaceful posture is being taken for granted. We won’t hesitate to convey the corpse to the Police station if the Police Service continues treating our simple request – for the report- with contempt”.

 

He added that” One whole month after putting in an official request and paying for it, the service has not even acknowledged receipt of the letter let alone furnish us with the report to enable us to take a decision on the funeral and burial rites of our beloved son. We feel pushed to the wall…”.

READ MORE:  Accra: JOSPONG’S RESPONSE TO GOVERNMENT’S HOSTILE AND ILLEGAL TAKEOVER OF AKWATIA MINE

 

There was a clash between the residents of Agormenya and the Police which on Wednesday 22nd May 2019, which led to the death of person.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here