The governing New Patriotic Party has appointed a 32-year old lady, Mariam Ewuarama Duah, as its Deputy National Women Organiser. Mimi, as Ms Duah is affectionately called, becomes the youngest person to be appointed to the position since the formation of the party 30 years ago.
Before her appointment, Mimi served as the Personal Assistant (PA) for the party’s National Women Organiser (Kate Abena Gyamfua), from 2017 to 2022. She also worked at the women’s wing office as Campaign Coordinator in charge of the party’s Tertiary Students Confederacy (TESCON), mobilizing the Women Commissioners of the various campuses.
Mimi’s personal objective, coming into the position, is to serve in every endeavour for the NPP to achieve the aim of winning and sustaining political power.
According to Ms Duah, her focus would be “to mobilize young women across the length of this country, as statistics put us, as the largest group, to increase party numbers and votes in elections.”
“To empower, resource and network NPP young women for personal growth and development,” she noted.
The vibrant and promising 32-year-old Mimi Duah hails from Asante Akyem Kurofa (Ashanti Region) and Wamfie (Bono Region) but nurtured her political life in Greater Accra. She is also a polyglot who is fluent in Twi, Ga, Bono & English languages.
She is recognised as a resourceful person, loyal, problem solver, dedicated, hardworking, selfless, result-oriented and creative leader with exceptional mobilization skills notable within the female Volunteer Groups, Tescon Wocoms, Pressure Groups and Student Leadership Bodies.
She has an impressive record of commitment from Polling Station, to TESCON Executive, to Regional Youth Wing, to National Youth Wing and then Personal Assitant to the National Women’s Organizer. She has been a role model in the political arena alone but built the capacity of numerous young women through entrepreneurship training, International and business conferences.
Business wise, she is the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) of Dumira Enterprise, a company that is into the production, wholesale and retail of fashion accessories, toiletries and many others.
She is a product of Abuakwa State College (ABUSCO) in the Eastern Region, where She ascertained her Senior Secondary School education as a business student (2007-2011).
- She had her tertiary education at the University of Ghana, Legon where she was honoured with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Information Studies (2012 – 2019).
- She has successfully attained Post Graduate Education in MSc Supply Chain Management from Coventry University – UK (2020-2022).
- NPP nominee for Frederick Ebert Stiftung (FES), ABANTU and Women in Broadcasting (WIB) Young Women in Politics Leadership Training (March 2018 – July 2018)
- Member of Becky’s Babes, an all-female NPP volunteer group for Mrs Rebecca Akufo Addo, First Lady of the Republic of Ghana (2012 – 2014)
- Tescon Member, University of Ghana (2012 – 2016)
- Tescon Research and Communication member at University of Ghana, Legon (2014 – 2015)
- Founding member NPP Ladies for Power (2015 – date)
- Working Committee member – NPP Greater Accra Youth Wing (2016 General Elections)
- Member of Greater Accra Regional Organisation Committee (2015 – Dec 2016)
- Greater Accra Regional Coordinator for Becky’s Babes, NPP Female Volunteer Groups dedicated to First Lady of Republic of Ghana – Mrs Rebecca Akufo Addo (2015 March – 2018 July)
- Coordinator for NPP Women for Change (In charge of mobilizing Greater Accra Tesconites)
- Movement by Pro Aged Women in NPP (Mad. Kate Gyamfua then former Deputy National women organizer-NPP as the Convenor).This pressure group was noted for periodically organizing demonstrations on the principal streets of Açcra solely propagating and charging Ghanaian women to vote for change during the 2016 December 7th general elections (Jan 2016 – Dec 2016)
- Convenor of NPP Women’s Wing Maidens WWM (2018 – December 2019)
- Ghana’s Ambassador, World Movement For Democracy (July 2018 – December 2020)
- Member, National Communication Team, New Patriotic Party (TV & Radio, 2018 – Date)
- Facilitator for Gender Centre for Empowering Development and International Republican Institute – IRI, (March 2019 – November 2020)
- Member of NPP National Women’s Wing Operations Committee (2018 – Date)
- Member of NPP National Women’s Wing Research Committee (2019 – 2020)
- Member of NPP National Women’s Wing Committee in charge of Identifiable Groups (2018 – Date)
- Member of Ashanti Regional Youth Wing Strategic Planning Committee (2020 general elections)
- Patron to Ashanti Regional Youth Wing (2019 – May 2022)
- Member Strategic Committee, Ashanti Regional Youth Wing (2019 – May 2022)
- Patron to Bono Regional Youth Wing (2018-Date)
- Patron to Greater Accra Regional Youth Wing (2018 – date)
- Personal Assistant to the Late Hon. Ishmael Ashitey, former Greater Accra regional chairman (2014 – January 2017)
- Personal Assistant and Campaign Coordinator( In charge of Tescon wocoms) for Mrs Kate Abena Gyamfua, The National Women’s Organizer of NPP (2017 – date)
- Many others.