When preparing for an exam, it is sometimes stressful and time-consuming, but it doesn’t have to be. There’s no need to cram. By doing a couple of simple things ahead of time, you can ensure that you are confident and ready for anything that comes up on the test.
The following are some simple steps to follow in order to pass an exam;
1. Be sure to take breaks or refresh your mind with something calming to help your brain subconsciously process information; there is a fine balance between work and play. Make time for both.
2. Always re-write the important sections of your notes, it will help you memorize them.
3. Use colors, notes, and diagrams to help you study if you’re a visual learner.
4. Eat right and have a good rest every night before an exam.
5. Spend less time on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
6. Write down key words from what you are studying. It helps you memorize the phrase that you find hard to remember.
7. Do yoga especially breathing exercises which will make you calm, fresh and also reduce stress.
8. Take it easy and work at your own pace to understand the concept you are studying.
9. Try to pick out the key or vital words in definitions or notes to help you remember them.
10. If you study well and then get a good night’s sleep, it should help you retain the information better.