25th July 2024

According to reports, Sefwi Bodi is the first polling centre to close polls. MP for the area, Samson Ahi said the votes were counted after all eligible delegates came to cast their ballots.

Seven members of the party are vying for the single slot to battle the ruling New Patriotic Party in the 2020 elections.

Below is the full result as announced by the Electoral Officer.
Alban Bagbin – 5
Nurudeen Abass – 2
Spio Garbrah – 4
Sylvester Mensah – 3
Goosie Tanoh – 7
Joshua Alabi – 9
John Mahama – 608
Total votes: 641

Former President John Dramani Mahama polled showed why he is the obvious choice of delegates of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) by polling 608 votes out of 641 valid votes cast. John Dramani Mahama’s win represents 95% of valid votes. The other six contenders polled 5% votes.

About 280,000 delegates across all 275 constituencies plus three specially-created polling stations are expected to cast their ballots.
Delegates include branch executives, constituency executives, regional executives, regional council of elders, MPs, former government appointees and founding members will have their say in Ghana’s most novel internal party primary.

Those involved are former president John Mahama, Second Deputy Speaker of Parliament Alban Kingsford Sumani Bagbin, former Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, former Vice Chancellor of University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA), Prof. Joshua Alabi.
There are also former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), Mr Sylvester Mensah, a cadre, Mr Goosie Tanoh and businessman, Alhaji Nurideen Iddrisu.

Source: GhanaNewsPage.Com

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *